Friday, July 11, 2008

News

Just to let you know, if you are reading this, I love you! =] Thanks for taking the time out to come out here to my blog that I rarely update and use to talk about my boring life. :P It really means a lot to me to know I have such loyal subscribers. Some of you are such sweethearts that I wish I could meet in person. :)

Anyway, today I got a job! I am officially an employee of LANCOME! It's going to be so fun working behind a makeup counter. I've always wanted to. I'm using this job as experience, since it is my first makeup job. I hope that I will actually LIKE going to work now, and not dread it as with my previous jobs. But I don't get enough hours at Lancome, so I am on the lookout for a second job. With gas and everything so expensive nowadays, one job won't be enough for me to pay for rent, groceries, gas, not to mention makeup! It's going to suck working 2 jobs again. I did it in the past while going to school and it was NOT fun. I was so stressed out but I had to do it. Times are hard now, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

When I was in training at the Lancome counter, I got to take home a trial size foundation of the Teint Idole liquid foundation. I've never found a liquid foundation that will stay on my oily face all day long until I tried this foundation. It is super smooth and a little goes a long way. Gives great medium coverage. Sometimes I will still apply my Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup over it to set my foundation, but most of the time I just wear it by itself and it stays on great. It's a little pricey ($38), but Lancome is offering free 10-day trial sizes of it to take home, so stop by any Lancome counter and ask them about it. They will color-match you and give you a free trial size that you can use for 10 days. =] Here's a picture of what it looks like.

I will be in L.A. next week, from July 17 to the 21st! During that time, I will be visiting Disneyland, Universal Studios, and all the fun stuff. I can't wait. I love Socal weather... HOT & HUMID!

I also got accepted for Partner on Youtube today! Yay! I've always wanted a customized banner. :)

I will have more product review videos soon, from Beautychoice.com & Mary Kay cosmetics!

Thanks for reading and staying tuned!

Love,
Kat

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job kat! =)
and congrats for making partner, thats awesome. cant wait to see more of your vids. =D take care girl.

Lia said...

Congrats Kat!
:]

Anonymous said...

HI!
Since now you're working on a job that has to do with make-up , I think now you can apply to have a MAC pro-card. For more details you should go to stephielaclac 's youtube account 'cause she talks about it =)
Thought it would help!

Adriyah said...

Hi!! what's a Youtube Partner?

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job and youtube partnership! you should update more often i check this blog almost daily xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Kat just wanted to stop by and say congrats on the job and hope all goes well on you im a faithful watcher of your vids love them :)real helpful

Rei said...

Congratulations on getting the job and becoming a YouTube partner. ^__^

I just recently myself got accepted to become a YouTube partner, so it's pretty exciting. I love the whole banner dealio. <3

Anonymous said...

I love u so much Kat!Your youtube videos really helped and your blog is fantastic!Congratulations on ur your job!
Kisses and hugs,
Nicole
xox

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! I added you onto my Blogroll!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, congratulations on the job. It must be cool having a job like that, I would love to help people with their beauty FAQs one day. How did you get the job?

sunsetwheat said...

I was wondering what make up you use for your eyebrows?